Thursday 23 August 2012

Fast tip for an easy breakfast, yummy!

With a need for quick and easy food, I've loved this idea for a fast ready breakfast - Night before, put porridge oats in a bowl Dollop on some greek yoghurt (other kind would prob do, but Greek works really well) Add chopped banana and strawberry Top up with some milk (enough that it will all soak in) Stir and leave in the fridge to soak overnight That's it! Next morning you will have breakfast ready, and your baby can share it too if you have one. One bowl to wash up! You can vary the combo, I like to have honey and chopped walnuts (for me), or crushed blueberries and grated apple, jam and extra strawberries, chopped peaches and banana... in n fact, that's the one we had this morning. Plus it keeps you fuller for longer, and works out at pennies per portion. We buy the 2kg Mornflake porridge bag at Tescos, excellent value and I find it's always very smooth. My next musings will be on bulk buying - I am investigating reducing the cost of staple items, so stay tuned. Enjoy the sunshine out there today and have a great bank holiday weekend!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

A couple of my Frugal Friday posts have been on the subject of bulk buying - be warned though, it's easy to get carried away and tip into the territory of having cupboards full of too much stuff to ever use!

Linda said...

I'll have to try that, it sounds just the job for when I return to work. Linda xxx

Sophie Gist said...

Ha ha I know Robyn, but needs must at the moment. I'm inspired and it'll only be on basics...

SimplyVintage, it is def an easy breakfast, very healthy (well unless you are naughty!) but I love it. Pinenuts and honey is a favourite for me...

Robyn said...

Hee hee... I started like that too - now you just want to SEE how much pasta is in my storecupboard! :-0